If you’re a professional housekeeper writing a resume, you’re most likely searching to
- Earn more income than you need to do now
- Get promoted to a managerial level
- Transfer jobs or look for a better work atmosphere
Fortunately for you personally, the Housekeeping and Maid industry has outpaced other industry growth averages.
The resume sample above gives a great outline for the way to complete that. Here’s the best way to perform the same. Please Click here to browse the 10 Resume Writing Commandments as vitamins for this guide. You must realise individuals 10 rules to effectively write a resume.
1. Target Your Job Objective
This applicant, Andrea, authored a great career objective. Andrea with confidence writes that they has got the experience, leadership ability, and expertise it requires to become a manager.
Source: U.S Bls
Most significantly, she discusses her “resume builders”, or skills in terms of of what she will provide for the organization, not when it comes to her very own career.
Here is her career objective — pay particular focus on the bolded parts:
“Hotel Housekeeping worker searching to leverage 6+ experience in to the new managing role inside your hotel. Proven management and training skills, deep knowledge of all cleaning materials and tools, bilingual ability, along with a strong work ethic cause me to feel a perfect candidate. I’m a worker you can rely on to attain your objectives.“
Targeting your job objective can make your resume much more interesting. Read Crafting a job Objective here for any more in depth and simple-to-follow writing guide.
2. Evaluate Your Resume (The Resume Highlight Reel)
These four selections represent the very best of Andrea’s resume, because she quantified (added figures to) her job descriptions.
Source: U.S Bls
This will make her resume a lot more appealing to hiring managers. If you wish to help make your resume stick out to hiring managers like Andrea’s, then you need to read How to create an Achievement Oriented (and Quantified) Resume.
Be aware from the bolded parts, which show in which the summary sentences happen to be quantified:
- Trained 7 new staff people in every aspect of housekeeping, making certain they meet hotel safety and health standards
- Replace soiled towels and linen, vacuum room carpets, and sweep, scrub, wax, and polish floors using brooms, mops, and powered scrubbing and waxing machines in a 300+ room hotel
- Implemented new cleaning processes and team strategies, reducing necessary man hours by 15 hrs each week
- Billed with restocking soapy tissues in room bathrooms as well as in cleaning with disinfecting all bathroom surfaces in a 150+ room hotel
Like Andrea, you are able to mention should you trained or supervised other employees, reduced costs by improving efficiency, and how big the establishment you labored in.
3. Include Relevant Innovative Skills
When writing innovative skills, only include ones which are highly relevant to the task you’re trying to get.
Resume Genius: Housekeeping and Cleaning Resume Tips
Woody Block: SCAAAAMMMM!!!
z M A G G: Woody Block How is this a scam please tell me?